1. Asprey Introductions Ltd are a "data controller"
2. Data protection principles
2.1 We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- (a) Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- (b) Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- (c) Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- (d) Accurate and kept up to date.
- (e) Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- (f) Kept securely.
3. The kind of information we hold about you
3.1 We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- (a) The information you have provided to us in your 'Little Black Book' submission
- (b) The information you have provided on our enquiry forms, including name, title, telephone number, personal email address
- (c) The information you have provided to us when signing up to our 'Events Network' including name and email address
4. How will we use the information about you?
We need all the categories of information in the list above primarily to allow us to source roles for you, invite you to attend our events and to enable us to comply with legal obligations. The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below.
- (a) Making a decision about putting you forward for matching with/meeting an Active Member of Asprey Introductions.
- (b) To determine your suitability as a potential member yourself (if applicable)
- (c) To attend our Events
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you. If you no longer wish to be contacted for any reason please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Data sharing
We will never share your personal information with any third parties unless we have specific consent to do so, and such third parties will only ever be other potential matchmakers in the industry or for the purposes of processing your potential for a match. At the point of obtaining your consent, we will disclose to you the third parties your personal information will be shared with.
6. Access to your information and correction.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com
You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
7. Data retention
We will retain your personal information for a period of 5 years from the date:
(a) You register through our Little Black book
(b) You join our Events Network
(c) Whichever is longer
We retain your personal information for this period on the basis that a further opportunity for matchmaking may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that. After this period, unless separately legally required to retain the information, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy and the applicable laws and regulations.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file for a period beyond the above, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a further fixed period on that basis. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
9. Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
(a) Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
(b) Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
(c) Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
(d) Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
(e) Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
(f) Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our data protection officer (DPO) in writing as set out below.
How to contact us